Saturday, June 9, 2007

Wheely Fun!


I spent a good deal of time in my stamp room today, but not on anything worth showcasing on the blog. I did, however, have a chance to make this card with one of the new hostess sets from the Fall-Winter 2007 collection. This is a level II hostess set and it comes with a 4 piece stamp set and 2 jumbo wheels. I just love jumbo wheels -- they're great for both scrapbooking and card making and make really quick work of covering even a large area. And the two wheels that come with this hostess set are particularly cool because they're comprised of a bunch of sentiments, which can be used together or separately.
This card uses one of the stamps and one of the wheels. I wheeled the sentiments in read red ink onto a wide strip of real red card stock. I then cleaned the wheel, chose one of the sentiments to feature and used the wheel to stamp just that sentiment in brilliant blue ink on confetti white card stock. I inked up the candles stamp with my stampin' write markers and used crystal effects on the flames. the "make a wish" sentiment and the candles are popped up on dimensionals.
I like this card because it was easy to stamp and it would work well for men, women and kids. And the bold bright colors make me happy! The layout is kind of cute too and you may just be seeing it again tomorrow morning ;-). Until then, goodnight!
P.S. If you like this set as much as I do you can earn it based on sales at your July party. Call or e-mail me to book your date.

No comments: