Wednesday, June 20, 2007

And so the wait begins . . .


So today was it -- the release of the retiring accessories list. And now all of the mystery about the 2006-2007 idea Book and Catalog is over -- we know what's staying and what's going. And now we're all just waiting on pins and needles for the arrival of the 2007 Fall-Winter collection.
I am especially nervous as I just worked really hard yesterday to create this card -- only to find out this morning that the ribbon, cord and vintage brad I used on it are all on the retirement list! How very disappointing -- my sample is potentially obsolete before the new year even starts! There is a little hope -- Stampin' Up! has said that select ribbons will be offered again in a different format, so it's possible that the black grosgrain ribbon will make it. But what about the cord and the vintage brads? The new catalog cannot come too soon. The suspense is killing me!
Just in case anyone is still interested, I made the tassel from shredded black grosgrain ribbon and silver cord. I glued it onto the image with 2 way glue. The image is colored with garden green ink using a blender pen and I used a black vintage brad in the center of the mortar board. I used the silver end of the zig painty to do the faux stitching. I can;t say that this was a quick card, because the tassel took a little time, but I'm very pleased with the results.

1 comment:

Mimi Hornberger said...

Love the design of this card! TFS!