Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Simply Irresistible

One of the best things about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is being able to pre-order things before they are available to the general public. This month all of the demonstrators were able to order 1 of each item featured in the Fall-Winter 2007 Collection preview brochure. Yesterday I received my delivery, and I am in love! As much as I wanted to play with some of the retiring sets tonight, these new stamps and papers were simply irresistible. I could not concentrate on anything other than creating some samples with my new toys.

Here are two samples I designed with the Baroque Motifs set. The first is an altered picture frame. I covered the outside of the frame with the Brocade designer papers that coordinate with the Baroque Motifs set. By the way, I adore these papers -- they are so beautiful in real life! I left the designer paper alone for the most part, though I did stamp the corner medallions in chocolate chip ink and added just a bit of chocolate grosgrain ribbon.

For the inside of the frame, I started with a 4x6 piece of naturals ivory card stock which I stamped with the linen background inked up in sahara sand. I then stamped the flourishes with River Rock - a brand new In-color for next year. I really love how this color coordinates with all of our permanent colors as well as with the other in-colors. It's fabulous!

I stamped the cherish sentiment in the upper right hand corner in chocolate chip and randomly stamped the small flowers in old olive. I then stamped the large flowers on naturals ivory card stock in chocolate chip ink and trimmed them out. I added old olive brads to the centers and popped the large flowers up on dimensionals. Because they're popped up on dimensionals, some of the large flowers spill over from the photo area onto the frame, creating a neat effect. I think this altered frame will make a lovely decoration for my stamp room, and it may just show up as a future class project!

My second project was this wedding card. I couldn't wait to see what this flourish would look like heat embossed in silver and I was not disappointed. All you need is that single stamp and a sentiment for an absolutely gorgeous and elegant card. I once again used the Cherish sentiment from the Baroque motifs set and embossed it too with detail silver. I stamped the little heart in a circle image from the In The Spotlight Lever II hostess set in encore silver ink on brushed silver card stock and heat embossed it with detail silver to create a little charm. I hung the charm using silver cord from a narrow silver organdy ribbon tied into a bow. I added a brushed silver mat and adhered the matted image to a 3x6 whisper white base. And that's it - the perfect wedding card.

If you'd like to see these and more samples made with the new stamp sets, designer papers and in-colors in person, contact me for information about my new catalog open house. I look forward to seeing you in July!

5 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

Lucky you!!! :) I can't wait to order some new things July 1st!!! Your cards are beautiful. TFS

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful. Love the embossed swirl. Got my new toys yesterday. Only have 2 to finish mounting and plan to play today.

Unknown said...

lovely! I can't wait to get my new toys to play with too!

Leslie said...

Diane ~ this is gorgeous! Well done!

Lisa Somerville said...

lovely frame and cards Diane