Thursday, June 7, 2007

My first stamp date with Glittergal!


Yesterday I described the whole story of the way I first met GlitterGal (even though I had no idea that's who she was until about a week ago). Well today we had our first stamp play-date and it was so much fun! As is typical for the first "date", we talked more than we played, but we found that we have so much in common. Our stamping styles are similar and we even have many similar outlooks on non-stamping stuff.
I am just so excited to know a fellow stamper who lives in town and is able to stamp with me every once in a while just for fun! I don't mind stamping by myself, but it's a lot more fun to stamp with others.
Knowing that we would probably spend a lot of time gabbing and not concentrating on stamping, I planned some pretty easy cards for tonight. You can see a couple of them here. These are made using a 12x12 sheet of the recollections designer paper in lieu of a stamped sheet for a"one sheet wonder". The 12x12 paper is cut into several smaller pieces which are then used to decorate 15 cards. For these cards I used mellow moss and cranberry crisp card stock, sahara sand and cranberry crisp ink, and moss and cranberry stitched grosgrain ribbon. The images from the feathered friends set (one of the first Stampin' Up! sets I ever bought -- I'm so sad it's retiring in June) are stamped in cranberry crisp on naturals ivory card stock that was first stamped with the linen background stamp inked with sahara sand. This is a fabulous way to make quick cards with the feathered friends set, as it doesn't really require any coloring. I'm pleased with the way these turned out -- what do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted these samples. This was one of the first sets I bought, and I have been debating whether or not to sell it. Now I know I have to keep it!