Wednesday, June 27, 2007

This year's hostess sets are awesome!

Tonight I participated in another demo only swap. Unlike our typical demo swaps, though, this time we stamped full cards using the hostess sets from the new catalog. Late last night I designed two cards for this swap and I just love how easy it is to make cool looking cards with these sets.


This first card is stamped with the Vases In Vogue Level III hostess set. I used pretty in pink card stock as a base. I stamped the regal rose strip with the flower in regal rose ink and filled in the center with the new purely pomegranate color using a blender pen. I stamped the flowers on a piece of whisper white card stock and colored them with markers in regal rose and certainly celery and purely pomegranate with the blender pen. I used my cutter kit to distress the edges and added regal rose ink with the direct to paper method.


I stamped the vase on regal rose card stock, trimmed it out with my snips and colored the decorations with purely pomegranate. I then attached it to the main image with dimensionals and adhered the whole thing to a mat of purely pomegranate card stock. I stamped the sentiment in purely pomegranate ink and added crustal effects to the flowers, the leaves, the decorations on the vase and the centers of the flowers on the regal rose strip. When everything was dry I added the white grosgrain ribbon and assembled the card. I think it turned out pretty cute!


I designed the second card with the In the Spotlight Level II hostess set. This was a fun card because it's a bit of an unusual fold. I started with a piece of 5.5x4.25" now quite navy card stock for the base. I then stamped the largest "wheel" in this set in sky blue ink on sky blue card stock that measures 5.25x4". I adhered this to the base. I then took a piece of sage shadow card stock that measured 8.5x3.5", punched it with a slit punch and then folded it so that the edge of the card stock would slip under the slit. Once the card stock was folded, I stamped it with sage shadow ink. I stamped the thank you sentiment in not quite navy on sky blue card stock and punched it out with the 3/4" circle punch. I then adhered it to the top of the slit.
For the main image I stamped two different flowers in sky blue ink and added leaves and a stem stamped in sage shadow. I pierced the corners of the image and covered both flowers with dazzling diamonds glitter using 2 way glue. I stamped the two different small flower images in not quite navy on whisper white card stock and punched them out using a 1/2" circle punch, then attached them to the center of the flowers with dimensionals. I matted the main image with not quite navy card stock and adhered it to the top of the card.
I notice now that each of my cards is a bit monochomatic -- I guess I'm going through a phase. I really like them, though. Hope you do too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your cards. I just found your blog recently and have been enjoying your pas posts too. No new catty in Texas yet.

TFS

Diane said...

Ooooh lovely! can't wait to see that catalog!!!!!!!!!!
I'm drooling right now!!!

Lori said...

I love the fold on the In the Spotlight card! Great idea.

Allison Rankin said...

Love your "In the Spotlight" card...I have to have that set!