Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Pretty Butterflies

I thought you might be getting tired of my Pretty Princess cards so I decided to give you a sneak peak of one of the Touch of Nature class project cards. I love this card because it's simple, yet pretty. Both of the images are from the Tough of Nature set which is one of the sets that made it into the next catalog (hurrah!). The foliage is stamped with always artichoke on very vanilla and the butterfly is stamped on Prints designer paper in Rose Red and So Saffron and then trimmed out. Only the bodies of the butterflies are attached to the card, allowing the wings to lift off the card front --a very easy way to add dimension to the card. I used the Birthday Wishes sentiment on this card, but it could truly be used for just about any occasion, making it a great card to leave blank in a card keeper and wait until the last minute to stamp with an appropriate sentiment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really beautiful. Great for a class.

Melody

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Fantastic card! Love the butterflies!

Diane said...

Just gorgeous Diane!
Those butterflies are so pretty!

Julie ~ Jades Butterflies! said...

I love this card Diane, so very pretty!

Tracy said...

This is absolutley gorgeous! I love the 3-D butterflies.