Sunday, June 17, 2007

Double duty punches


I spent a good part of the evening working on more flip books for my hostess appreciation party, but I managed to stamp this quick little card. The heart image, stamped twice so that the hearts look intertwined, is from a new set called Year after Year -- a perfect all-occasion stamp set. The sentiment is from a new set called Hugs & Wishes. I loved how quickly this card came together. I don't know about you, but I never seem to have an Anniversary card on hand when I need one. Now I won't have to worry because even if there isn't one in my card stash, I know I'll be able to put one together in a jiffy.

I know I mentioned before that I used the designer label punch to achieve the type of corner effect seen in the card above, and I thought I would post a couple of photos to show you exactly what I mean. This photo shows the underside of my designer label punch. Hopefully you can see the two sets of lines on either side of the upper left hand corner of the designer label. I drew these in with a sharpie marker so that they would be a permanent guide for me when I'm punching my corners. This way the corners will be the same on the image and the mats.



I use these guide lines when I insert a corner of my card stock into the punch. If I want a "shallow" corner, I use the first set of marks. If I want a deeper corner I use the second set of marks. For this card I wanted shallower corners, so I made sure that the outside edges of the corner of my card stock was lined up with the outside edges of the first set of lines. It's a little hard to see in the photo because the card stock is white (Note to self -- take better photo tomorrow) but I think you can make out what I mean.
This way, I don't need special corner scissors or decorative edge scissors to get a fancy corner shape -- my designer label punch helps me by working overtime. Cool!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to put the marks on the punch. I've done that on other punches. Hadn't thought to do it on this one.