Sunday, June 3, 2007

It's Sunday Morning -- Time for a Challenge!


Good morning everyone! After last week's Herculean challenge I thought I would go a little easier on all of us this morning. Hopefully you'll agree. This week we're using the Pretty Princess set and I chose it because I borrowed it from a friend to make a commissioned birthday card (which I will show you after the occasion is over just in case the recipient reads this blog). Thanks , Karen for letting me play with the set -- you'll have it back tomorrow so you can play in the challenge too if you'd like!
Anyway, the layout is pretty basic, though you can always dress it up with brads, ribbons, eyelets etc. No recommended color scheme, but since people always tend to use shades of pink and purple with princess themed cards, this time those colors are not permitted. Hey, I have to do something to make this a challenge, right?
OK, I'm off to finish my commissioned card (which, per the customer's request, does include lots of pink) and then I'll try making a couple of challenge cards before I give the set back to Karen. Good luck and please post links to your creations in the comments here or e-mail the pictures to stampwithdiane@comcast.com and I will upload them. Have fun!

2 comments:

L8ybug2 said...

Darn! That's one set I don't have. Oh well, there's always next week.

MarieK said...

I hope you don't mind but I used Fairy Nice instead of the Princess set (I don't have it but really wanted to play this week!).

Here's the link to my card:
http://marielovestostamp.blogspot.com/2007/06/dianes-sunday-sketch-challenge-card.html