Saturday, June 16, 2007

more new stuff -- I can't help myself!

Wow -- I guess I'm really weak. I really wanted to keep these new projects to myself, but I'm just too excited about these new stamps not to share! Here is another card I designed using the Baroque Motifs set. I used Gable Green and Purely Pomegranate ink and card stock as well as a 3/4" circle punch and whisper white card stock. I stamped the flourish set in gable green on the gable green base. I then stamped several of the small flowers in purely pomegranate and colored the centers with my gable green marker. I punched them out with the circle punch and spaced them randomly among the flourishes. I stamped the square medallion in purely pomegranate on whisper white card stock and colored the inside with gable green marker. I then stamped the large flower on another piece of whisper white card stock, colored portions of the inside with the gable green marker, trimmed out the flower and adhered it to the top of the square medallion image. i matted the square with a piece of gable green and purely pomegranate card stock and that's it. It was that easy! What a fun, bright card. Demonstrators got a sneak peak of some new ribbons that are coming so we know that there will be a double stitched pomegranate ribbon! I can't wait -- that would have been the perfect finishing touch for this card!


I designed the second card using the Pick-A-Petal stamp set. I stamped the polka dot petals individually with the new sky blue ink on shimmery white card stock. I then stamped the petal outline in not quite navy and trimmed out each petal. I stamped the center in purely pomegranate, also on shimmery white card stock, and trimmed it out as well. I created a background paper on a piece of purely pomegranate card stock by stamping it with three of the "center" stamps from the Pick-A-Petal set in purely pomegranate ink. I took a strip of sage shadow card stock and stamped the sentiment from much appreciated using purely pomegranate ink. I matted this strip on a slightly wider strip of not quite navy card stock, and adhered the whole strip to the purely pomegranate layer, which I matted with a layer of not quite navy. I adhered this whole layer to a sage shadow card base. I adhered the petals in a circle until the entire flower was formed, inserted a not quite navy brad into the middle of the flower center and adhered the flower center to the top of the flower. Voila -- a fantastic thank you card using a hot new color combination that is the perfect blend of the permanent color families and the new in colors! I just love it -- hope you do too!

6 comments:

Markie's Mom said...

Diane, these are wonderful cards! I'm so glad you didn't keep them to yourself! LOL!

Stefanie said...

Thanks for sharing! I need the inspiration!

Connie said...

Thanks so much Diane for sharing these wonderful cards with everyone. Love the color choices.

lacyquilter said...

These are both wonderful. I'd want to share,too.

dd2njoy said...

Very Pretty!! TFS!!

Elizabeth said...

SO CUTE stuff!

thanks for the inspiration Diane!
Liz