Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Retiring In Colors

Tomorrow night I will be stamping with Linda, a/k/a Glittergal. Woo Hoo! Linda and I met a few years ago and she actually "introduced" me to the art of rubber stamping. She was having a garage sale and was selling some hand-stamped cards, and I just fell in love. I bought a ton, because they were so much nicer than anything I could find at the store. But they looked way too complicated for me to every to try actually making them -- LOL!

I saved Linda's number and some time later when our library was organizing a craft fair I called and asked her if she wanted to sell her cards, but she was not interested.

Well flash forward to 2007 and imagine my surprise when I read a post on a chat board where someone was describing a lady they met at a garage sale who later called them to participate in a craft fair. It was too much of a coincidence for me to just let it go, so I e-mailed the writer and discovered that it was, indeed, the same person who sold me my first stamped card! And now she's coming over tomorrow and we'll be stamping together. How fun is that? I am so excited!

Because of my guest I spent most of the evening organizing and cleaning my stamp room (yes, again! -- I don't know how it happens but the stamp room seems to be in a constant state of mess). Consequently, I didn't have a lot of time to stamp. However, Today's sketch challenge on SCS kept rattling around my brain and I knew I would need something to post here, so I decided to stamp one quick card. I also decided to use 2 of the in-colors, Marigold Morning and Cranberry Crisp, in honor of their imminent retirement. I stamped the flower from nice and narrow 3 times on the white card stock and 3 more times on the in-color card stock. I then trimmed the color flowers and adhered them to the white image. This was really a cheater way to use Marigold Morning without having to use the matching ink (I purchased the paper in an assorted pack, but never bought this ink pad). I added the"sorry" sentiment from the retired So very Sell-A-bration set. It really was a very fun and quick little card.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That flower is perfect for this sketch. I like the paper piecing.

Anonymous said...

Very nice card. Have fun on your stamping date!

Diane said...

Ahhh it is a beautiful card!
Have fun stampin'!