Sunday, June 3, 2007

Finally a little time to stamp!

Today was such a terrific day. My DH and I spent the morning cleaning up after last night's party, but fortunately this did not take a lot of time. I even managed to put all the board games way into the board game armoire (which is stuffed to the gills so this task is always like putting together a jigsaw puzzle). This meant that in the afternoon I actually had time to stamp, and so that's pretty much what I did.

I finished my "commissioned" pretty princess card and I stamped a few more cards for the challenge. This is a card where I flipped the sketch to make a vertical card. I really wanted to use the wand image, but wasn't sure how until I remembered this sentiment. So not the princess' wand has turned into a magic want, granting big and little wishes. The colors I used were summer sun and close to cocoa, with a bit of chocolate grosgrain ribbon. It's a simple card, but I think it's kind of cute.

I also stamped some cards with the Touch of Nature set for an upcoming class. For the most part I copied some terrific cards I found on the internet or modified them slightly, because they were far better than anything I could create from scratch. However, I also designed a couple of cards myself. I will post these cards as soon as I decide where to fit the class on my schedule.

Between stamping, cleaning and hanging out with my DH watching various DVD programs, it's been a fantastic Sunday. Hope you had a great weekend too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again great card, never would have thought to use just the wand.
Karen