Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday Morning Challenge - Snowflakes in June!


I think by now everyone realizes that I absolutely love all my Stampin' Up! sets. Choosing a favorite set is a Sophie's choice. Can't be done!


Having said all that, if there were five sets that I would recommend everyone have in their collection because of their beauty and versatility, the Snowflakes set would definitely be in that five. It's a gorgeous set with snowflakes of just about every size and with a sentiment that is both beautiful and can be used on holiday cards for just about everyone on your list. So in honor of its retirement, today's challenge is to use Snowflakes in June.



The fun part? The colors are going to be a little non-traditional. We'll be using all the shades of pink and purple that we were forbidden to use with last week's challenge. I can only imagine the yummy snowflake cards that will be created for this challenge!



So that's it. Use the Snowflakes set for your main image. You can use any other background or sentiment set and any techniques or embellishments. The layout is take directly from last night's card, though you can change the sizes of the stripes and the square to fit your card. Get out those pink and purple inks and have a great time! Don't forget to post links to your finished creations here or e-mail them to stampwithdiane@comcast.net so I can upload them to this blog. I will post my first card a little later today.



5 comments:

L8ybug2 said...

Darn! Another set I don't have in my over 100 sets...I'm unsubscribing and putting you in my Google Reader....

Nikki Bond said...

Can anyone particapate is this?
Thanks
Nikki
http://militarywifestampinspot.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

It's the wrong time of year to be thinking about snowflakes. Not sure I can handle this.

MarieK said...

Here's mine but I may do another if I have time later this week:

http://marielovestostamp.blogspot.com/2007/06/dianes-sunday-sketch-challenge-card_11.html

Lori said...

Here's mine. I didn't have Snowflakes, so I substituted The Snowflake Spot.

http://inkingaloud.blogspot.com/2007/06/snow-in-june.html