Sunday, June 3, 2007

And speaking of Lemons . . .

Did you think I was going to complain about my own challenge again? Two weeks in a row would be a little much! So no, no complaints, thought once again the challenge proved more challenging than I first anticipated! I guess I never realized how dependent I am for shades of pink and purple in my stamping!

Here is my first challenge card. Very simple, using only 2 colors -- yo yo yellow and only orange. Yo Yo Yellow is just such a bright lemony color, I found it difficult to use at first, but lately I have fallen in love with this color and I actually have to order my second full pack of it soon! Since I couldn't use the colors that in my mind naturally lent themselves to this card, I thought I might as well make a bright and cheery card, perfect for a little girl.

I stamped the dress on yo yo yellow, highlighted it with only orange and paper pieced it onto the image I stamped on whisper white. The sentiment was created using my stamp-a-ma-jig -- a stamper's best friend!

So is it bright enough for you? Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

MarieK said...

What a fun bright card! I usually do these kinds of cards in pink & purple but did not hesitate to use other colours for this week's challenge.

The only obstacle I had was the stamp set!

Can't wait to see the others!

Tracy said...

Super cute...love the paper piecing!