Monday, June 11, 2007

Pretty Princess Birthday Card


Remember the Pretty Princess card I made a couple of weekends ago -- the one I couldn't show you because I was afraid the recipient might see it here before her birthday? Well, her birthday is today and by now she must have received the original, so I can share a photo of the card with you.
The card is 5.5x8.5. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig and stamped a cake several times to create this multi-layered cake. I used the candles from Blooming with Happiness and the stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp 13 candles on top of the cake (the recipient is turning 13). I colored the cake with pixie pink and pink passion and used a 2 way-glue pen to add glitter to all of the "frosting" on the cake and the candle flames. I used the wrought iron corner punch to frame out the cake image and the sentiment. I really like the way this turned out and I hope the new teenager will too!

4 comments:

Jean said...

Diane, that is one awesome cake! And the glitter just makes it even better!!

MarieK said...

WOW! That's some cake and some card! Great idea to stack the stamp using the stamp-a-ma-jig.

Opens up a whole lot of possibilities!!

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet card. Kind of reminds me of the princess and the pea with all those mattresses! LOL!

Diane said...

Gorgeous Diane,really like what you did with the multi layers,it's one heck of a cake!!! NICE!!