Monday, June 18, 2007

More challenge cards!

I felt like such a heel this morning -- I went to check my e-mail and found this card in a message from Amy that somehow I never opened yesterday -- I don't know if it arrived late or if I just missed it, but yesterday would have been the perfect day to post it. So I just want everyone to know that Amy forwarded this to me on Father's day, and I'm the dodo that missed the right day to upload!

Anyway, this is Amy Kennedy's entry -- Amy is a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and she used a tutorial she found on Cambria's blog to create the shirt on this card. Amy is so clever! By using the origami folded shirt for her main image she could use the retiring All Year Cheer II set to stamp her sentiment! It's a fab card, Amy! If you agree leave Amy a comment.

Rita decided to play this week as well. She has not been able to play the last couple of weeks because I kept choosing sets she didn't own, which is part of the reason why I left the challenge open wide to all retiring sets this week. So welcome back, Rita! It's great to have you playing again!

Rita used the spring garden set to create her lovely card. I really like the two narrow strips -- way ti get the most use out of parts of designer paper that others just toss away! And I love the little butterfly! You can find Rita's great card here: http://ritasstampart.blogspot.com/2007/06/dianes-sunday-morning-challenge.html. Stop over by her blog and let her know how much you like her card!

And we have a brand new player this week! Teresa is a Stampin' Up! demonstrator in the southern Chicago suburbs (hi neighbor!) and she used A Reason to Smile on her card. This is such a cute hostess set -- hopefully you had a chance to earn it this year! Teresa also scalloped two of her three strips, and I just love how much this extra step enhances the card. These little touches really do make a card extra special! You can find Teresa's card here: http://mylifesart.blogspot.com/2007/06/dianes-sunday-sketch.html. Be sure to stop over and let her know how fabulous you think her card is.

And last, but certainly not least, Michelle decided she liked the sketch so much she stamped another card. She used the mix and mingle set and you can see her card here: http://comestampwithme.blogspot.com/2007/06/mixnmingle.html. I love Michelle's excitement so I won't even deduct any points for not following the color and single stamp set rule-- LOL! I've said it before and I'll say it again -- if a challenge inspires you to be creative, then it doesn't matter if you break a few rules. It's all fun and it's all good!

Hopefully we'll have more challenge cards to share tomorrow!

2 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

ACK! Diane, you are right, I did not follow the rules! I used black...and I used a wheel...OK, I officially take this one out of the contest...but I do really like the sketch and my card! LOL!

doverdi said...

Great masculine card! I have to try this one as I am always stumped for card ideas.