Monday, June 18, 2007

It's too early for thanksgiving, but . . .

I have a brand new pumpkin image and a brand new Thanksgiving sentiment! So what's a girl to do? I gotta stamp!

I stamped this card with the new Year after Year and Holiday Wishes stamp sets. I used old olive and real rust ink on the pumpkin image and colored it in with pumpkin pie ink using a blender pen. I stamped the sentiment in old olive. Both the pumpkin and the sentiment are stamped on Naturals Ivory card stock and they are both matted with real rust. I used a piece of the new Brocade backgrounds double sided designer paper for the center panel and matted it with pumpkin pie card stock. I finished off the card with three rust buttons popped up on dimensionals and threaded with gold cord. I just love, love ,love how this card turned out and how easy it was to put together. In fact, the same is true for all of the year after year images! They truly make card making quick and easy!


This is another card I stamped with the year after year set. This card was a bit more difficult only because it involved the use of the hobby blade. i used the blade to create the panel on which to mount the matted flowers. the flowers are stamped in basic black on shimmery white card stock and colored in with so saffron and certainly celery. i also used the new fire round rhinestone brads in small and medium sizes for the flower centers. I added the sentiment, Prints double sided designer paper in so saffron and black gingham ribbon. I also used the slit punch to create a closure for the card. I know it's a bit monochromatic, but I still think it's kind of cute. The tone on tone designer paper adds just enough interest without distracting from the main image. Cool!

4 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Diane, these are fantastic cards! Wow! Love the Thanksgiving one!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards.

Diane said...

Pretty cards Diane,as usual!
Love your blog!

Lori said...

I love the slit punch closure on the yellow card!