Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Windsor Dreams

I actually stamped today! Unfortunately this does not mean that I'm all better, but at least I'm well enough to stamp a simple card using some of my new toys.

I really have to give props to Stampin' Up! and their designers. For the second year in a row they managed to take a color I really do not care for on its own - sage shadow - and put it in combination with other colors that make it look great! SO here I am, using sage shadow again and again, even more frequently than some of my so-called "favorite" colors. Go figure!

Obviously I took the colors for this card right out of the palette for the Windsor Knot designer series paper on page 168 of the catalog. I like this paper because the designs and colors work well for either masculine or feminine cards, depending on the stamp set used. Today I made a feminine card, using the Dreams du Jour set, but I'm sure you will see me make some masculine cards made with paper as well.

The card is pretty straightforward. I stamped the main image in chocolate chip ink on whisper white card stock and colored it in using sage shadow and so saffron stampin' write markers. After coloring, I trimmed out the image with my paper snips.

I stamped the butterflies in so saffron ink in the top 1/3 of my so saffron mat. I then attached a piece of the Windsor Knot designer series paper to the mat and attached the image to overlap the mat and the designer paper. I made a Cheater bow (click here for a tutorial) with the new double stitched chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon and attached it to the back of the so saffron mat. Then I attached the mat to the sage shadow base.

3 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

This is a pretty card, love the colors you used!

Holly Young said...

Really pretty Diane, and I'm glad you're feeling a little better!

Anonymous said...

I totally love it!! And I was afraid to use that ribbon on a card, but no more! You showed that it works!