Saturday, August 23, 2008

Trick or Treat

I love Halloween! It's such a fun holiday to decorate for and you do not have to be a kid to enjoy it. In fact, I've enjoyed Halloween as an adult much more than I used to as a kid! So it's no wonder that I just had to get the new Haunting jumbo Wheel and start playing with it even though we're not even into September yet!

For this card I inked up the Haunting wheel in versamark ink and wheeled the images onto basic gray card stock, then heat embossed the images with black embossing powder. To add a little whimsy to the trick-or-treaters, I gave them all googly eyes, which i attached using crystal effects. So cute!

I layered the image onto a strip of the new Ghostly Greetings designer series paper. My favorite thing about this had to be the "yum, yum, yum" repeating phrase on the basic gray stripe in the designer paper. How totally appropriate for this holiday and all the yummy goodies!

I layered the designer paper on a pumpkin pie card base. Then I cut out the "Trick or Treat" sentiment from another piece of the Ghostly Greetings designer series paper and layered it onto a strip of basic gray card stock. I trimmed a piece of the kiwi kiss striped grosgrain ribbon to size, added a couple of black brads from the vintage brad collection and adhered the ribbon to the card base. Then I attached the sentiment over the ribbon to finish off the card.

I just love the way this turned out and am seriously considering making this design the invitation to our annual Halloween pumpkin carving contest. Let's just hope none of the guests read the blog!

5 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

This is toooo cute! Love the googly eyes and the layout is great! {SMILES}

RuthieB said...

OMG! I see a CASE in my future. I wasn't going to order this wheel but now you made me have to have it LOL!

Holly Young said...

great card Diane! Really spooky!

katemade designs said...

I'm not a Halloween card fan but this is great.

Lisa Carroll said...

Oh, Diane! I LOVE this!!! I have been eyeing that wheel, and what you did here with the googlie eyes is PERFECT! Really gives a frightening feel. Just fabulous!