Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Monkeyversary!

Here's a fun little anniversary card for a special someone. I used the sock monkey set and colored most of the monkey using my barely banana, creamy caramel and real red stampin' write markers. I paper pieced the body of the monkey using some bella rose designer series paper, but I used my stampin' write marker to turn the polka dots from pink pirouette to real red. I also stamped the heart on real red card stock and trimmed it out, stamping "all my love" inside with my everyday flexible phrases set. I popped the heart up on a dimensional and sponged the edges of the whisper white card stock with barely banana and chocolate chip ink, before adding a creamy caramel mat.

I used the itty bitty backgrounds stamp set and barely banana ink to stamp a background on a barely banana mat. The dotted background echoes the pattern on the monkey's paper pieced body. I stamped the Happy Anniversary greeting on the mat with chocolate chip ink. I added some double stitched chocolate chip ribbon with a layer of the 5/8" real red grosgrain ribbon on top. Then I attached the monkey image over the ribbons with dimensionals. I threaded the holes of three creamy caramel square buttons with silk thread and attached them over the ribbon with mini glue dots.

Did I mention that I have fallen head over heels with the sock monkey set? Paired up with the accessory set, there's just nothing this little monkey can't do! He is just too cute!

3 comments:

mollymoo951 said...

I like your sock monkey colors!

Anonymous said...

Cute card thanks for sharing it with us all. Smiles for a great week.

Lisa Carroll said...

Oh my gosh - this is so cute! The stitched ribbon and those adorable buttons REALLY go perfectly with a "sock" monkey. Brilliant!