Thursday, August 28, 2008

cupcake medallion


For tonight's card I made a little medallion with the cupcake stamp from the Sock Monkey set and the Christmas stamp from the Punches Three Level 1 hostess set. Don't see any Christmas stamps on this card? That's because I cleverly hid them with punches! I wanted to use the borders of the stamp, but obviously the Christmas sentiment was not appropriate for this card and the cupcake alone didn't cover it entirely.
Thank goodness for punches! I used my 3/4" circle punch and my boho flowers punch to cover the sentiment and serve as the perfect background for the cupcake. And, of course, I used the scalloped square punch for the Punches Three stamp.
Other than all the layering, it's really a very simple card. Just two colors of card stock and ink: tangerine tango and pacific point plus some whisper white card stock. Besides the punches, I also used the pacific point striped grosgrain ribbon and some dazzling diamonds on the frosting and flame of the cupcake, plus a blender pen to color the cupcake.
All in all, very quick and bright. Now I just need to write it out and mail it!

1 comment:

Jana O'Brien said...

Such clever use of the punches Diane!