Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pun CASE



One of the first things I do when I get a new idea book and catalog is carefully look at all the samples and make a list of the samples that are cute and easy to duplicate. Why do I do this? Well, because sometimes, like tonight, I just do not have a lot of time to think up my own design. That's when I turn to my list and instead of coming up with my own creation I just duplicate a card by one of the Stampin' Up! designers. After all, that's exactly what Stampin' Up! wants me to do. That's why the big book is called an IDEA BOOK and catalog, and why we have the recipes for every sample provided in the back.

Tonight's card is a copy of the first card on page 80 of the Fall Winter 2008 Idea Book and Catalog. I kept everything the same except for the image and the sentiment. Instead of the stamp set used in the catalog, I decided to use my Pun Fun set.

The card relay was very easy to make. I started with a riding hood red card base and added some riding hood red patterns designer series paper and striped riding hood red grosgrain. I stamped the cup image on whisper white card stock in basic brown ink and colored it in with a bashful blue stampin' write marker and blender pen inked up in riding hood red. I punched the image out with the wide oval punch and mounted it on a piece of bashful blue card stock. I paper pierced a border on the bashful blue card stock and attached it to the card base with stampin' dimensionals.

As a final touch I stamped the "Love you a latte" sentiment in basic brown in k on the card base.

So there you have it. A quick card that I didn't have to spend a lot of time designing. And there are so many more of them in this Idea Book and Catalog! Flip though and find some to copy soon!

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

I do this too Diane. Sometimes just coming up with the idea is the hardest part! Great CASE!

Cassie said...

Yup, I do this too! Great card!