Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Inspired by Nature Again

First I wanted to show you another card I stamped with the new Inspired by Nature and Flight of the Butterfly sets i got at Convention, and then, as I promised yesterday, I'll show you the CD holder that I gave to all the ladies who participated in the Wedding Ensemble swap I hosted a Convention.

The card was designed to showcase the masking technique. You'll notice that one of the butterflies looks as though it's behind a flower, and that is the result of masking. In addition, we masked the stems and leaves on the flowers so that the grass would appear to be in the background.

Here is the recipe:
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Inspired by Nature
Card Stock: Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, old olive, kiwi kiss, more mustard, really rust
Accessories: stamp-a-ma-jig


And this is the CD holder wedding favor I designed for the Convention swap. In reality it held a CD filled with photos and instructions for all the wedding ensembles, but I made it look like a wedding favor that held a CD filled with music. I used the baroque motifs set because it just has the perfect elegance to it. The colors I used were apricot appeal and the new tangerine tango.

This is what the inside of the CD holder looked like. I think it would make a very nice wedding favor and it really wasn't too difficult to make, which is a big bonus when you have to manufacture one per each couple attending!

No comments: