Sunday, August 10, 2008

Inspired by Nature Home Decor

As I promised yesterday, today's project is a bit of home decor that was inspired both by the Make and Take card we made at Convention (the 3x6" card you see here) and the projects featured on page 100 of the new Fall/Winter 2008 Idea Book and Catalog. Through sheer coincidence, recently I purchased a frame at Kohls that had chocolate chip edges and an olive green grass/like mat. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I really liked the frame and I thought I could stamp something in there to decorate my home.

Imagine my delight when I saw the Convention stamp sets and the make and take. I just knew as soon as I came home I would have to make this project.

To stamp this I first inked up the grass blade image in the new kiwi kiss classic ink, and then added some old olive ink to the image with a sponge dauber. I then stamped the grass on a piece of very vanilla card stock cut to size to fit the frame. Next I inked up the flower stamp using chocolate chip and very vanilla inks and sponge daubers. The reason to use daubers instead of ink pads is to create a variation in the color intensity so that the centers of the flowers appear darker than the petals.

I really like the way my picture came out and I think it will look great in the living room. If you like this set as much as I do you can order it starting tomorrow. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Wonderful project.

to Creative Inks! said...

Oh, I love this! I've been drawn to this set from the moment I saw it. Beautiful!