Saturday, August 30, 2008

More Windsor Knot



Did I mention that I really, really like the Windsor Knot Designer Series Paper? The color palette for the paper is so serene and the designs are perfect for card making because they're uniform throughout the page and are subtle enough to serve as the perfect background.

Of course, on this card I used just a tiny piece of the paper, but it was just the perfect touch to set off the image from the Dreams du Jour set. I even folded over the edge of the paper so you could see both sides of the design and crimped the fold for additional visual interest.

I used the flowers from the boho background stamp set in sage shadow ink on the top of the sage shadow card stock. I paper pierced the bottom using the piercing template and tool from my crafter's tool kit. I divided the background image from the paper piercing using strips of the new so saffron poly twill ribbon and the new 1/4" chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon (with a faux knot, of course). I layered the sage shadow piece over mats of chocolate chip and so saffron card stock and attached them to an old olive base.

I stamped the main image in chocolate chip ink on whisper white card stock and colored it in using old olive, sage shadow and so saffron stampin' write markers. I punched the image out using the new scalloped square pinch and attached it to the designer paper with dimensionals. Finally, I attached the designer paper to the card front.

I know my cards have been very simple of late, this being no exception, but every day I find myself inspired to make these simple and quick, yet still beautiful cards. I'm not sure if this is an evolution or regression of my stamping abilities, but I guess as long as I like the cards, who cares, right?

That's it for today. Hopefully I'll have more tomorrow. Stamping time has been at a premium lately. . .

No comments: