Friday, August 22, 2008

Eastern Blooms Thanks

I was feeling so much better today -- finally pretty much to my old self! What a relief! And I still like apple sauce and toast too, thought I probably won't be having shrimp any time soon. ;-)

Since I felt better I was able to go to stamp camp tonight, which was really fun. Of course, this also meant less stamping time at home, so tonight's card is really quick and dirty. Before I get to the card, though, I just want to send a big thanks to everyone at stamp camp who asked how I was feeling. It's a little surreal sometimes to realize that people I know actually read the blog and know stuff about me without me telling them directly, but it's really nice too! So thanks, ladies! I appreciate your thoughts!

And now let's talk about the card. I stamped the flower from the Eastern Blooms set on whisper white card stock in baja breeze ink and trimmed it out with my paper snips. I then stamped it again with pacific point ink and punched out the center with a 1/2" circle punch. I used a 3x6" piece of apricot appeal card stock to create a 3x3" love note base, to which I attached two 1/2x3" strips of pacific point card stock, crossed in the lower right hand corner. I attached the punched out pacific point piece to the flower center, curled the petals with my paper snips and attached the flower to the card with a dimensional. Finally I stamped the sentiment from Flight of the Butterfly on a piece of whisper white card stock, cut the card stock to length and attached it over the pacific point strips.

Super simple and super fast! A perfect little thank you card if you need one in a hurry!

1 comment:

Roz said...

very nice card....glad you are feeling better!