Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pirouette Thanks

I think I'm finally better (though still tired)! Thanks to everyone who left a comment or e-mailed with your well wishes. I belatedly realized yesterday that I may have been sabotaging my own recovery by not eating bland enough foods (and trust me, I really through the stuff I was eating was bland enough!). Who knew that after food poisoning you're supposed to eat bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast? Well, I do now, and sticking to this somewhat bizarre diet seems to be working! Now I just have to wait for my energy level to come back to normal and I'll be good to go. Woo hoo! I can't wait.

For tonight's card I really wanted to use my new scalloped square punch and the Say It with Scallops stamp set that was given to every Convention attendee thanks to our friends at UPS! It was really great of UPS to purchase these sets for us, especially since Say It with Scallops is this year's Ronald McDonald House Charities set, so in buying the sets for us UPS also donated money to that worthy cause. That's really awesome!

The card itself is very simple. I started with a piece of whisper white card stock. I covered the bottom with some bella rose deigner paper and I stamped the butterfly image from the Dreams du Jour set in pink pirouette ink in the top portion. Then I added some riding hood red striped grosgrain ribbon (I used a cheater knot, of course) to hide the transition between the designer paper and the stamped portion, attached the whisper white card stock to a riding hood red mat, and attached that to a pink pirouette card base.

The only thing left to do was the sentiment. I stamped the "I can't thank you enough" image in riding hood red ink twice -- once on pink pirouette card stocka nd once on whisper white card stock. I punched the pink pirouette image with my scalloped square punch. I trimmed just the center of thewhispe white sentiment with my paper snips and adhered it to the pink pirouette punched piece.

Now, I know what you're thinking. You see the larger riding hood red scalloped square and you;re confused becasue you know I only use Stampin' up! products but you also know that we only offer the scalloped square punch in once size, and I already used that on the pink pirouette piece. So what's going on? Well, to make the larger mat I simply punched on riding hood red scalloped square and 3 other scalloped square halves. Then I overlapped the halves to create a scalloped square one scallop larger than the original. And voila -- I have the perfect mat for my square scalloped shape. Then, with the scalloped sentiment as all assembled, I simply attached it to the card front with dimensionals. Cool!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love how you created the scalloped red riding hood square for the mat!!!

Holly Young said...

Diane, I love the softness of this card. It's just gorgeous. I'm glad you're feeling better.