Sunday, August 17, 2008

Eastern Blooms Open House Card

This was one of the cards we stamped at the new catalog open house today. The inspiration for this card came from the mini scrapbook we stamped at Convention.

I used the Eastern Blooms set to stamp the two branches on naturals ivory card stock. First I inked up the image in tangerine tango ink, and then I added chocolate chip ink to the branches with my Stampin' write marker. And just a little tip -- when you're stamping two branch images be sure to clean off your stamp between each impression so that you don't muddy up your tangerine tango ink pad.

Next I sponged the edges of the naturals ivory card stock with my stampin' sponge and chocolate chip ink. Then I wrapped a piece of kiwi kiss striped grosgrain ribbon around the bottom of the card stock. I then added a tangerine tango mat and attached the whole thing to a kiwi kiss card base.

I used my new curly label punch to punch out a shape out of tangerine tango card stock. Then I stamped the thank you label from the coordinating cute & Curly stamp set in chocolate chip ink on the naturals ivory card stock, and cut the image out with my paper snips and layered it onto the tangerine tango piece. I attached the label to the card front over the kiwi kiss ribbon with stampin' dimensionals.

I stamped the flower from the Eastern Blooms set in tangerine tango ink on naturals ivory card stock and trimmed it out by hand. I then used crystal effects to attach beads from the Green Bead Duo assortment to the center of this flower and some of the flowers on the branches. I added the flower to my label using a stampin' dimensional cut in half (a whole one may have been too big to be covered completely by the flower center.) I really love the dimension and "wow" factor that the beads add to this card. Very cool!


Since I think it's really hard to see the 3-D aspect of this card from the first photo, I thought I would take another one from the side. This gives you a better idea of how fun the card is in real life.

Don't forget, the Eastern Blooms set is on sale for 15% off now through the end of September, so make sure you order it before the special is over.

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

Love the colors on this Diane!

Anonymous said...

Diane, Great card and use of products!! I might have to show this to my club girls!! TFS!!