Saturday, August 11, 2007

Stampin' Disorder?

Last night was the second Friday of the month and that usually means Stampin' Bedlam -- my monthly open stamp night. However, it is summertime and due to Convention and my vacation my monthly newsletter was very much delayed, so last night I only had one guest -- Amy (*waving hello*). Coincidentally, last night was also the first time Amy and I met. She found me through my blog and we corresponded via e-mail, and I thought last night would be a great opportunity for her to check out the stamping studio. And I was right-- we had a great time! Since it was just the two of use it wasn't quite a Bedlam or even mayhem -- I'd probably call it more of a disorder. But between talking and getting to know each other and snacking on pizza and cookies we did manage to get some stamping done. Woo Hoo!


Here are a few cards that Amy made last night. This first one, uses the Year after Year set and the Think Happy Thoughts set. So cute in the shades of brown and pink! The polka dots add a nice touch too!

The next cards uses the Block Party set. Amy really liked this set when she saw my swaps from convention, without even knowing that it was one of my favorite sets too. And since she never tried the poppin' pastels technique before, she decided to use it on her card. I think it turned out really cute!

Amy also really like a card made by my friend Jen, and decided to CASE it. the card uses the Serene Sunflower set. I really love this set and sunflowers in general. When we were leaving Denver, on the way form the hotel to the airport, we saw this amazing field just filled with Sunflowers -- it was glorious. I just wish my camera had been more handy!
But back to the card, I love the way the flowers look on the sanded background stamped in the new River Rock ink. And I love Amy's addition of the gingham bow in the corner, which to me looks like a butterfly. So adorable!




This was the card that Amy really needed to finish last night because she needed it for a swap. Amy has been stamping for quite some time and is a member of a 1 on 1 swap group. I must say this concept intrigued me. I could definitely handle doing 1 on 1 swaps!
Amy got the idea and templates for this card from katydid creations. She stamped the snowman onto the pre-printed seed packet label, colored in the snowmen, sponged on an almost amethyst background using a reverse masking technique and added silver snowflakes. She then attached the label to the seed packet template and layered the template onto the card. a bit of fun ribbon and an adorable snowman charm finished off the card. It was really beautiful -- the swapper who receives this card will be one lucky lady!

And this is a card I stamped last night. I needed a card for the birthday of Bill's uncle Andy, who's turning 81 soon. Uncle Andy likes funny cards, so I thought this owl and a play on words might be cute. I trimmed out the clouds freehand and punched out the moon. I didn't really have a branch stamp, so I thought I would have to cut one freehand as well. But then Amy had the great idea to use a twig for a branch. Bill found a suitable twig on the patio and I attached it to the card with crystal effects. Then I stamped the "who's 81?" sentiment. I should have used a Stamp a Ma Jig but oh well. Uncle Andy thought it was cute when he opened it today during our family birthday celebration.
If you'd like a chance to finish several cards or work on any other stamp or scrapping projects join me at my next open stamp night in September -- mark the second Friday on your calendar now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diane, thanks for your post. It was a great time and look forward to another workshop soon. It's strange seeing my name on the cards - as this is the first time anything that I've stamped has been featured online. Thanks for all your help!

-Amy