Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Just a couple of cards

Well, the power actually came back Monday night, but I was working on my swaps and didn't have anything ready to post so I decided to play hooky. This is the card that I was working so hard on. I know it doesn't look like much, but when you're stamping 25 of these babies plus stamping, coloring and cutting 15 more of the small gourds and leaves, which are attached to the card with dimensionals, it ends up pretty time consuming. I think it was worth the effort, though, and I know my fellow demos appreciated not having to cut and trim the small parts at the shoebox swap tonight. Having them stamp and watercolor the pumpkins was quite enough.

I like how this card turned out. I water colored the pumpkins in really rust and pumpkin pie classic ink using the aqua painter. The small gourd was colored more mustard and pumpkin pie. The leaf was old olive and really rust. I used just a bit of the brocade backgrounds double sided designer series paper for the horizontals strip. I love how you can use a strip of designer paper to add color and texture to a card without having to stamp anything.

So of course since I prepared 40 of these cards and 40 of the super size snowflake I showed you this weekend, I received 40 different cards from my fellow demos in return. We do this kind of swap every time a new catalog comes out. Glenda organizes it all for us, and figures out all the logistics. Those who live close enough and have the evening free come to stamp. The rest of us mail our swaps in or drop them off. Or there are some who are crazy, like me, and participate in both groups of swappers (this time we had 2 grouped of 40) so that one of our swaps is a stamping swap and the other one is a drop off. In any case, this time around I really wanted cards from both groups, hence the mass production this weekend. I can;t wait to show you the swaps I received, but there was no time to photograph and upload them tonight.

One thing I remembered to take the time for was to make two get well soon cards for friends. I have two friends who are sick. One just recently had surgery (everything went well, thank goodness) and another who's been ordered off her feet for 6 weeks. Ouch! So I made a get well card for both of them and they are fairly similar -- sorry ladies! I wanted to use Serene Sunflower because everyone loves sunflowers, right? They're just so bright and cheery, you just can't help but feel better when you look at a sunfower.

In any case, hopefully both of them will get better just as soon as possible, but int the meantime they'll have a cute card.

So that's it for tonight. I'm off to ZZZZ land. "Talk" to you tomorrow. And don't forget to let me know if you're interested in participating in my shoebox swap. See the post below for some details.

5 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

BOTH of these cards are GORGEOUS! The pumpkin one is right up my alley .... love it! Your watercoloring is beautiful!

Diane said...

Love your watercolouring!!! It's amazing,your pumpkin card is beautiful and so is the get well card! You have such talent!!! TFS!

Tandra said...

Hi Diane!!! OMG I LOVE your blog!! Beautiful work!!!!! Nice to see your face too!!

Deborah said...

Gorgeous cards! Hot coloring! TFS- Deb

Lisa Carroll said...

Both cards are beautiful, but I was a very fortunate recipient of the Autumn Harvest card and I gotta tell you all, it is even MORE awesome IRL! So much attention to detail and just an all-around fabulus card - perfect in every way!

Thanks again, Diane!