Saturday, August 18, 2007

Boho West

Today I wanted to feature three projects featuring our Boho West Collection and, more specifically, our Wanted Set and Outlaw designer paper. The first tow projects are Make and Takes from this year's Convention, starting with this awesome 6x6 scrap page. In addition to the wanted set, this page also utilizes the new Sanded background stamp, which is really fabulous! I really love how the stamps in the Wanted set go great with our various circle punches and the new star punch. I also love how on this page we only used 1 punched corner. The pieces in the opposite corner were not part of the original design. In fact, they were scraps left over from the original design. Well, you know how I can;t bear to throw away good scraps, so I just incorporated them into this page. but if you don't like the overlapping circles do not blame SU -- that was all my idea.

The second project is the cute pocket card and i think I already talked about this one, but what the heck, I'll talk about it again. We used the Outlaw double sided designer paper to form the pocket. We stamped the Really rust insert with the paisley stamp from the Wanted set and dry embossed the circles using the Crop-a-dile. I love to dry emboss with this new tool, and it makes punching holes through just about anything a snap! It's also used to set the new big eyelets we have available this year, which you can see in the center of the medallion on this card. One of my favorite products this year is the wide grosgrain ribbon, and I love how it's added to this project and tied with a bit of linen thread.

I stamped the final project today at our SIS meeting. It was designed by my friend and upline Jen, using a new technique she invented called faux cracked glass (sort of leaves my embossed twine in the dust, right?). This technique is so cool -- once you try it you'll never want to do regular cracked glass again! And it's a perfect technique for this collection of products -- really picks up on the western flair!


3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

These are such a wow!

Cathrine StClair said...

These are all lovely projects.

Lisa Carroll said...

I absolutely LOVE 'Wanted', and these projects are awesome! TFS! :)