Thursday, August 9, 2007

Another inspiration card


So I asked you all to show us what inspires you to make cards and Deb (stampingranny) has provided the first entry. She created an awesome card based on a picture in her home. I think she did a great job capturing the essence of her inspiration piece. See her card and be sure to leave her a nice comment here: http://stampinonthemountain.blogspot.com/2007/08/dianes-inspiration-challenge.html

Not to be outdone, I want to show you my inspiration piece and card. This time I used the cover of this month's Family Circle magazine as my inspiration. I love the bright, vivid flowers in this photo, and I decided that my card had to be flower filled as well. So I used the In the Spotlight set to stamp flowers on pixie pink card stock in pink passion ink. I then punched out the flowers with the new 5 petal flower punch and curled the petals a bit for some dimension. I sponged a piece of whisper white card stock with certainly celery ink and adhered the flowers either using SNAIL or dimensionals to vary the depth. I peeled up the petals to stamp the stems and leaves. I mounted the whisper white card stock with certainly celery and pink passion card stock, used certainly celery grosgrain for a special accent and mounted the image onto handsome hunter card base. Surprisingly, this card was actually a pretty big hit with my co-workers. So I guess I should use magazine and catalog layouts as inspiration more often. In any case, I'd love to know what you think and to see what inspires you!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Diane, Thanks for your kind words! Your Family CIrcle picture and your card are so pretty in pink! TMF! Deb