Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Challenge cards


Tonight we went out to dinner at a Mongolian Barbecue restaurant with a couple of friends. This was my first time at such a restaurant and it was fun, especially trying to figure out how the food we selected was actually delivered to us at the end of the cooking process. If you've never been, it's one of those communal cooking experiences where everything is placed in strips on a round griddle and you keep moving along the counter and watching and when you get to the end they actually get your food back to you. Fascinating!

Anyway, since we were out I didn't have time to stamp and didn't even get to see the finals of So You Think You Can Dance. Don't worry, I taped it and I'll watch it tomorrow before the results are announced. Apparently Tracy likes Danny, but I confess I'm a Lacey fan. It might be a bit unfair to let her win after her brother won last year, but I think she's the better dances and it's about the time a girl won that show. But again, I haven't seen tonight's show, which might change my mind.

Since I didn't have time to stamp tonight, here are a couple of cards I made late last night for this week's SCS sketch and color challenges. The color challenge was to use Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip and Blue bayou -- and awesome color combo! I loved both challenges. And yes, I'm still making corners with my scalloped circle punch. You saw the tutorial for the heart corners earlier and the corners on this card were made in a similar fashion -- I simply punched closer to the actual corner. They're not masterpieces, but I thought they were pretty cute.

I was going to give the Double Line Doodle card to Bill for our 10th anniversary tomorrow, but one of my co-workers saw it and really wanted it for her daughter's birthday, which was today. Well, I figured I'll have time tomorrow to make another card for Bill. So that's probably what you'll see here tomorrow. Now I'm off to get some ZZZZs!

6 comments:

Diane said...

Those cards are awesome! Love the corner punch on the 2nd card and the colors are adorable!

Tracy said...

WOO-HOO you mentioned my name in your blog!!!! How exciting! Anyway I LOVE LOVE LOVE the card you made for the color/sketch challenge. I wasn't sold on that set at all but you have just pushed me over the edge with your creation...thanks! Of the girls Lacey is my favorite as well but I think if a girl wins it, it will be Sabra it's just a vibe I got and I think you'll see why when you watch. Happy watching! Have a great day!

Deborah said...

Love the Mongolian experience! These cards are great! Love checking in on your creations! Please stop by soon! Deb

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

Glad you enjoyed the mongolian! If you're ever at the one in downtown Columbus, OH - tip those BBQ chefs well! My son is one and he needs the money to pay for college! (Leaving me more money for stamps!) LOL... enjoyed the cards today too!

Tracey said...

I like your color challenge, western style card. I've been a little at a loss as to how to use that set (not one I would've bought myself). Thanks for the idea. I will probably case this to get myself going! I can't wait for my scallop punch to arrive. ~:-D

Ashley said...

Girlfriend... I LOVE these!! You did such a wonderful job!! Keep up the Awesome work!!! Hugs! Ash~

http://ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com/