Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Mary stamped !

My best friend Mary was in town last weekend with her two boys. Mary lives in Michigan and, unfortunately, due to our busy schedules we do not see each other as often as we'd like. In fact, the last time we saw each other was in April of 2006 when we met up for a weekend in East Lansing (where we met during our first year at Michigan State University). To put that in stamping terms, when I last saw Mary I had only been obsessed with Stampin' Up! for three months, I wasn't a demonstrator and I was trying to guess which sets were going to retire from the 2005-2006 Idea Book and Catalog. Ahh, the memories!

Anyway, although Mary knew about my stamping bug in theory, she had no idea of the extent of my obsession until she saw my stamp studio. She didn't faint, or anything, but I have a feeling she was a little surprised by all my stamping accoutrement. Still, she was game to try her hand at stamping and just look at the card she made! She picked the colors and stamps and I helped with the rest of the design, but she did all of the stamping. Isn't this a great card? I'm so proud of my roomie! I only wish we lived closer to each other so we could stamp (and talk, and drink coffer, or wine, or Sherridan's or whatever else is on hand) together more often. *snif, snif*

4 comments:

Holly Young said...

That's great! I onkly have one friend who lives near me who likes to stamp, and we have a hard time getting together often. I know what fun it is when it happens. I think your friend did great on her first card! You may have created a monster you know?

michelle sturgeon said...

She made a great card! I really like the layout!

Julie ~ Jades Butterflies! said...

Great card Mary!

Anonymous said...

What a nice card, Mary!