Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Sneak Peek and a Tip

Maybe it's a little too soon to be talking about the Holiday Collection mini Catalog, which is due out September 1, but I just could not resist giving you a sneak peek at one of my new goodies.

You're looking at a Super size Snowflake double background. That's right, it's large and it's double sided, with the solid snowflake on one side and just the outline on the other. Pretty cool, huh?

Well, it gets even cooler! This baby is die cut, which means you do not have to trim it out yourself! And, just to make things even more exciting, the same is the case for every set in the holidays collection mini catalog. WOW! Give those craft and rubber scissors a holiday!

Just so that we're clear, after you mount your stamp you will be left with a piece of excess rubber that looks like this. Pretty, isn't it? So pretty, in fact, that it's hard to throw it away. At least I haven't been able to throw mine away. Maybe this weekend I'll figure out a way to use this piece as well!


And this is what the solid part of the Super size snowflake looks like after it's been mounted. But take care! There is a trick to this. This size of the stamp is so large it barely fits on the wood block. But is does fit if you align the words at the very bottom of the block. In addition to being careful, you might want to use this trick that I will now demonstrate with the outline stamp intended for the other side of the block.

First, place the stamped image, rubber side down, on your stamp table. Then carefully peek off the backing just off the part of the stamp that is going to be mounted to the wood block. You should be left with two pieces that look somewhat like this. If you want, you could keep the snowflake paper shape and use it as a mask.



Next, you place a block of wood over the stamp, making sure that the block centered on top of the image in each direction and that the top of the outline reaches to the edge of the wood block. If you do this on both sides your snowflakes should be perfectly aligned.




Next peel the remaining rubber off the wood block and, Voila! You have a super sized double sided background.
If I was good, I would have a card ready, but I guess I'm not that good. Sorry! Ill try to post a card tomorrow.












3 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

Diane, you are BRILLIANT!
Thank you so much for sharing this invaluable tip. :D

Machin Stamps said...

Hi I love your blog and feedbitz lets me know of your latest posts.
I'm a stamper in the UK where unfortunately SU aren't available.
Silly idea really, cos you've probably already thought of it.... Why not mount the cut away in some way and use it as a contrast frame for the lovely snowflake?

Jenn D said...

I can't throw out my die cut rubber extras either. I have only gotten a few sets on preorder from the mini, but I am starting a pile on top of my cabinet. Maybe I need a cabinet for just the extras? I feel a Target run coming on.


Thanks for the mounting tip! I want to get this one to stamp on my windows.