Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sunday Morning challenge


Happy New Year! Stampin' Up! New year, that is. The retirement list is last year's news as are all the stamps that were on it. It is now officially July 1 and the new catalog is ready for action! Woo Hoo!
In honor of the new catalog, I decided to use the colors that Stampin' Up! chose to coordiante with the new boho west like of products. I never thought of myself as either western or bohemian, but I have to admit I love this collection. There's something about the colors, shapes and images that really appeals to me! Hope you will feel the same way too!
The layout is actually one I used very recently on one of my cards which you can see here. Obviously the colors are not right for this challenge, but it will give you an idea of what the layout is like in real life.
The colors are Chocolate chip, real rust, sage shadow and very vanilla. MMMMM, I love this combination just thinking about it, and even more looking at the sample card on page 4 of the Fall/Winter 2007 Collection.
The stamp sets must be current Stampin' Up! sets, which means they must be listed in the Fall/Winter 2007 collection. If you do not have a catalog and are not sure which stamps sets made it in, click on the catalog link in the right hand column. You may use up to 2 sets.
The techniques and embellishmetns are a little limited this time. You may use any type of stitching (real or faux), brads, eyelets, paper piercing, twill or ivory/vanilla grosgrain ribbon, punches, sponging , direct to paper and faux suade. I think this is the first time I realy limited the techniques and embellishments, but I'm confident that you all will be jsut fine even with these limitations.
There you go -- hope you have fun with this challenge!

2 comments:

L8ybug2 said...

No catalog, just a square with an x in it. I was so looking forward to seeing it this morning, What a great big disappointment!

Teresa said...

Hi Diane,

Here is my card for this weeks Challenge. Love the colors!
http://mylifesart.blogspot.com/2007/07/im-baroque.html