Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Great Night for a Block Party!

Nope, not the kind of block party with an inflatable castle and lots of neighbors -- the kind of block party you trim and mount -- as in new stamps! And, better yet, FREE new stamps! Yippee!

Earlier today I received the Block Party set from Stampin' Up! -- this was my selection of a free set I earned for meeting the criteria of the consistency counts promotion. I fell in love with this set from the moment I saw it in the catalog and I simply had to have it, so how cool is it that I was able to get it right away without paying a dime? Did I mention that I love being an SU demo? Yup, sure do! And clearly SU loves me right back! Ha!

I didn't have a lot of time to play with this set tonight -- way too much other stuff to do -- but just as I thought when I first saw this sample in the catalog -- this card was a snap to make. Yes, I copied it directly from the catalog and only changed a couple of things to suit my personal style and supplies.

I didn't have the polka dot ribbon from the ribbon originals collection yet, so I substituted the purely pomegranate double stitched grosgrain ribbon. I also changed the dimensions of the card a little. The sample in the catalog is a 3x6" card, with the circle scallops hanging over the side. Well, I wasn't too crazy about the hanging over part, so the front of my card is 6x2.5" and the scallops reach to the edge of the back of the card which is 6x3.

This card came together in just about 5 minutes and I will be using different variations of it at many of my fall workshops. So what do you think? Do you love this set as much as I do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes this set is on my must have list!

Diane said...

Oh yeah baby!! It's awesome,must have it!! Card is beatiful!!