Sunday, July 15, 2007

Grr- Part 2

In the spirit of nothing ever going smoothly, I now have my camera but my access to the internet is sporadic at best due to the continuous crashing of my wired and wireless network. I think it's time to face the truth that, at least in the near term, my dream of being able to work on the computer in the stamp room is not going to be realized. With everything else that is going on right now I just do not have the time to spend hours every night trying to fix connectivity problems. So the router and wireless card are going back to BestBuy tomorrow and I'm giving up. Happy Birthday to me!


Of course, all the time I wasted on this stupid stuff meant that I didn't spend any time stamping. So since I don't have any new things to show you, here is a card I stamped last month when I first got the Pick-A-Petal set. The card is based on a design by Scrapbookgirl44 from SCS. I used different colors (purely pomegranate and blush blossom) and a different greeting, but the layout and images are basically the same as on her card. For the polka dot center I simply stamped the polka dot petal in blush blossom ink on whisper white card stock and then used the 3/4" circle punch to punch out the center. At the time I made the card I didn't have any of the double stitched in-lcolor grosgrain ribbon but I felt I needed a ribbon for a little bit of interest, so I improvised by using my blush blossom stampin' write marker to dye white grosgrain ribbon. I was very pleased with the final result and hope you enjoy it too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So simple, but beautiful. I love all the overlapping petals. I've always liked blush blossom and it is such a seldom used color. I'm really loving how well it coordinates with the new in colors.

Anonymous said...

Great color combo!!! I tried to use the pom with guava and it didn't work out so well, but this combo works great! Very pretty!