Wednesday, July 18, 2007

So Loving My Block Party

As Hannibal used to say on the A-Team back in the 80s- I love it when a plan comes together! I just knew that this set would be my perfect workshop set and tonight proved it. Check out this card -- cute, quick and simple. A perfect party card. And it uses one of my favorite Stampin' Up! products -- stampin' pastels. I used the poppin' pastels technique on both the main image and the background. On the main image I combined pastels in old olive, more mustard and ruby red to create a rainbow effect. On the background I used just the old olive to create a tone on tone look that is just slightly more prominent than versamark alone. And did you notice that I even used the same stamp for the background? I just stamped it several times, stamping off at different intervals so that it would look "tiled" I like the photo corners but I think they might be too big. No problem -- the photo corner punch gives me corners in two different sizes, so next time I'll just use the smaller corners.

I like this card so much I might keep working on it and make it into a swap for convention. I will probably use a different background, just to save a little time, and I might add something to the corners, but I think this is a good start. How about you?

6 comments:

AdriansCrazyLife said...

I like it! I can't wait until I get this one. I can see that I'll get a lot of use out of it!

AdriansCrazyLife said...

PS: I've been enjoying your blog so much, I've added you to my list of favorite blogs!

Anonymous said...

Great card, I like the color combo! Looks like it would be a great card for workshops. I am nominating you ~~~"QUEEN OF PASTELS"~~~ You are on my list of favorite blogs as well!

Anonymous said...

Now I have to tell you a little story about your side bar person Lizzy Borden...my maiden name was Borden and let me tell you people used to say "Lizzie Borden took an axe gave her father forty wacks when she seen what she had done she gave her mother forty one" AHHH I was really glad to get a new last name! Now I get FERGULICIOUS!! I thought adults were supposed to be mature! I love your blog even your side bars are great...

Diane said...

I feel your pain, Julie. My mainden name started with the letters CHUD and when the movie came out some of the guys got the bright idea to call me "Caniballistic Humanoid Underground Dweller". I think I'd rather be Lizzie Borden! LOL!

Allison Rankin said...

OMG...an A-Team reference? Cute card...still thinking on it...