Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday Morning Challenge

I feel like I've lost a little bit of my credibility with these challenges a little, since I didn't even have the time to complete my own challenge from 2 weeks ago. But I promised I would post today, so here it it. I created what I hope will be a fun layout and used rules that will limit supplies but not to the point where the challenge is impossible -- there's still a lot of room for creativity.

You can see that besides the base of the card and the layered main image, there are three layers on the card with jagged edges. Those edges are meant to indicate either tearing, distressing, or any other interesting edge technique (so the edges on your card can be straight, just as long as you're featuring some interesting edging technique).
You can use up to 2 current Stampin' Up! stamps sets, including sentiments and backgrounds, so choose wisely.
Your color selections are fairly liberal. You can use any colors from up to 2 of Stampin' Up!'s current color families (including the new in-colors) plus up to 2 neutrals.
You have two weeks to play with this sketch because next Sunday I will be in Colorado and may not be able to post. Plus I probably won't have a chance to tackle this challenge myself until I return from Colorado. Please post links to your creations in the comments to this post. Because I will probably have only sporadic e-mail access, if that, over the next couple of weeks, if you e-mail me your creations to stampwithdiane@comcast.net I will upload those cards towards the end of the challenge period. Enjoy!

No comments: