Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunday Morning Challenge

Edited to Add: Congratulations Charlotte from Pensacola -- You got the right card! E-mail me your snail mail address at stampwithdiane@comcast.net and the vases in vogue card will be on its way! Isn't it fun to browse though the older idea books? Some of the stamp sets may be retired, but the layouts, color combinations, ways to use embellishments, etc. are still applicable and a fantastic source of inspiration.

So if you go to Page 83 in the 2005-2006 Idea Book and Catalog you can see Stampin' Up!'s take on this card! Check it out and then do today's challenge using a current set!

Today's challenge is a wholesale CASE of one of the layouts from one of the older Stampin' Up! Idea Books -- if you know the year and page of the catalog post it in the comment here and I will send the first person who has the correct answer my Vases in Vogue card. I'll even trite on a post-it so the card is re-usable! I know it's not a very rich prize, but this is just for fun!

Anyway, the whole goal of the challenge is to create something and then re-create virtually the same thing with different colors to see the difference. So this week we'll be making 2 cards. You can choose any current SU sets and can use any techniques or use any embellishment that you can do using stuff from the current SU catalog. On the first card the colors will be Pretty in Pink, Tempting Turquoise, gable green and whisper white. On the second card, which will use exactly the same stamps, techniques, embellishments and layout, you will use your favorite combination of 4 Stampin' Up! current colors, in colors, neutrals or specialty papers (brushed silver etc.)

I'm really looking forward to this challenge, to see how big of an impact a simple color change can make, leaving everything else the same. I hope some of you will play along! If you upload a challenge card please leave a ling in a comment to this post or e-mail me a photo or scan of your card and I will upload it here. Have fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this is it!!!!
2005-2006 SU! Catalog, p. 33 using the Surprise set.
Charlotte Cook
Pensacola, Fl.

Anonymous said...

Ooops! I meant page 83 in the 05-06 Su! Catalog. And I think the card is fabulous using the Vases in Vogue. ;-)
Charlotte Cook

Teresa said...

I finally got around to making this card. And I did use Vases in Vogue. What do you think?

http://mylifesart.blogspot.com/2007/07/finally-did-sunday-challenge.html

Teresa

Teresa said...

Hey Diane. Here is my second card using this sketch. Hope you like it!http://mylifesart.blogspot.com/2007/07/sketch-challenge-take-ii.html

Lori said...

I finally got a chance to do your challenge. Here's my try: http://inkingaloud.blogspot.com/2007/07/bud-basics-times-two.html