Monday, July 9, 2007

Taken with Baroque


This was another card I worked on this weekend. The layout for this card was inspired by a swap I received from Jen back in December of 2006. She had used this layout and colors to create a card with the Like it a Latte set, and I shamelessly copied her card for make and takes at several workshops during this year's Sell-A-Bration.

I kept the extra card packets in the hope that the set would make a triumphant come back in the Fall-Winter collection, but that was not to be. Still, I had all these card packets made up, so I thought surely I could come up with an alternate design using the same layout. And here is what I came up with, using the Baroque Motifs set.

I know it's hard to tell from the scan (nope still no camera -- even though I really tried to get one this weekend I just could not find one I liked in the price range I'm comfortable with), but I added a little bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the centers of the close to cocoa flowers and to the outer "teardrops" of the center medallion. I think it turned out pretty well. Thanks Jen for designing a card that keeps on giving!

1 comment:

michelle sturgeon said...

Great card! I love the colours! This is my fave set!