Tuesday, July 10, 2007

GRRRRRR - NOT!

EDITED To take out all the negative vibes!

OK -- sometimes you do something when you're frustrated that you end up regretting later -- like my post from last night. The good news? I can erase the post from last night and write another one. So this morning I decided that I would take a few minutes to monkey around with the computer and figure out if I can fix what was wrong with the connection. And I think I did it. For some reason my dial-up modem kept trying to trigger a connection and I think it was interfering with the cable modem. So I disabled it and now everything seems to be working. In the words of Kids in the Hall: "We're safe, but for how long?"



So now you can see the card I made last night -- the first card of the Sunday Morning challenge. I'm still frustrated that the Idea Book and Catalog listed the wrong color in the recipe for this card, because I do think it would look much better with regal rose instead of pretty in pink, and I'm even more frustrated with myself for not listening to my own instincts to ignore the recipe, but it is what it is. It's not a horrible card, just a little washed out. I do like the rhinestone brad, though -- a nice bit of bling!


I will try to rehabilitate this card with my second different color combo on Thursday. I have high hopes! Remember, the challenge is just to change the colors, so the layout and the stamps will stay the same. Now I'm really curious to see what will happen, Aren't you?

And if you go to leave a comment and can't understand the first two don't worry -- they were posted before I completely revised this entry. Happy Wednesday everyone! Tonight I get to go see the new Harry Potter movie and maybe meet the twins who play Fred and George, who will be at the theater. Woo Hoo!

3 comments:

MarieK said...

1. Why did Stampin' Up! lie to me?

How did they lie to you??


2. Why don't I trust my own instincts?

Why do you think you don't trust your instincts?


3. Can a mediocre card be saved with a good color combination?

Yes absolutely! Once you post it ask for suggestions - I've always found input from others very helpful.

I hope your resolve your computer issues and had a better day tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

relax, things could be MUCH worse sweetie!! Hope you have a better day today :)

Diane said...

Things will get better Diane,don't give up,lol. By the way your card is nice!!