Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fun with Chipboard


Last weekend one of my goals was to create some projects for a chipboard class I'm planning for August. I wanted to use not just the chipboard, but also my new stamp sets and my new heat and stick powder. I purchased the heat and stick powder because Julie, a fellow demo, did an awesome technique using the powder and dazzling diamonds glitter. For a long while now I wanted to cover the large heart piece from On Board Accents with the romantic red glitter, but I didn't want to use the 2 way glue or crustal effects. I knew heat and stick powder was the answer, but I always forgot to order it. Well, once Julie showed off her technique I put it at the top of my list, so now I'm a proud heat and stick powder owner.
For this card i went totally overboard with the glitz. Both the heart and the sentiment frame are covered with romantic red red glitter. The sentiment is heat embossed in black and the flourish in the background is embossed with iridescent ice, so it shimmers beautifully. to top it all off, I attached the sentiment frame with some of our new round rhinestone brads from the fire collection.
My DH and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary this August, so I kind of see it as my anniversary card to me. (The one I'll make for my DH will be slightly more masculine -- LOL!)
And I know what you're thinking -- I posted a photo and not a scan. But it's not good news because I took this photo on Saturday right before the camera died. So I'm still without the ability to photograph.. Hopefully that will be remedied this weekend.

3 comments:

Lorie said...

GREAT card! I have heat and stick powder but have never used it...looks like I need to do that! :0)

Julie ~ Jades Butterflies! said...

Beautiful as always!!! Thanks for such nice compliments always! Your last comment on my blog left me speechless, you are too kind, and soooo talented! This card is probably very sparkly, love it! I don't have red but it will be on my next order, fab with the bling brads too!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Love that bling.