Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A couple more challenge cards.

The first card today comes from Teresa, and let me announce it publicly right now, I will definitely be CASEing this card! (I hope you don't mind, Teresa, because I really like it, but of course if you do mind just let me know and I will restrain myself!) Teresa used just two stamps form the Baroque Motifs set, but boy did she make an impact! She stamped the square medallion in chocolate chip and really rust for her main image, along with the cherish sentiment, and then she used the same square medallion in a tone on tone fashion to create a nice, soft background on the sage shadow layer. And is that a new ice rhinestone brad adorning the center of the slit closure? It looks fabulous! Check out Teresa's card here and make sure you gush appropriately in your comments!

And this is my second challenge card, stamped with the vases in vogue set. It's very, very simple, but I knew I would have to scan it so I didn't want to add a lot of hardware or dimension. the dots on the sage shadow layer were taken from the vase -- I just colored the stamp with my sage shadow marker, making sure not to ink the vase outline. The background on the chocolate chip layer is made with the same flower stamp as I used in the main image. This time I used the large and small oval punches to cover the slit closure. It won't win any art contests, but I've certainly stamped worse. More catalog musings and a list of GiftRAK winners will be posted tomorrow. And if things go well maybe I can get a camera to morrow as well. Cross your fingers for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this card. You must have a lot of patience to color those dots that many times.

Teresa said...

Thanks for the kind comments..and you can CASE me anytime!!

P.S. I don't have the Bling brads yet. It is just a plain eyelet. But they are on my wish list!

Teresa