Sunday, July 15, 2007

A new little something

Later today (I can't believe it's Sunday already!) I will be attending a friend's' baby shower. She just recently gave birth to two little girls. I wanted to make her something very personal and special as part of the gift, so I made her a flip book.

I won't bother showing you every page, because you've seen plenty of these on this blog already, but I thought I'd show you the cover and a couple of pictures of the inside. I'm really happy with how it came out, especially with the double stitched grosgrain ribbon stem and leaves on the cover.

To make this flip book I used the Special Delivery Girl Simply Scrappin' Kit. Pretty much everything I needed to make the book (actually, to make up to 2 books) was included in the kit. I only added some ribbon and a couple of brads. I also used a couple of our brand new punches -- the scalloped circle punch on the "flower" on the cover and the 5 petal flower punch to make the flowers that help keep closed the little "file folders" that will hold the journaling notes.

All of the other card stock, designer papers and adhesive die cuts came from the kit. And I have to say I really like this kit, and not just for baby girls. While the kit is clearly intended for scrapping baby girl photos, the fact that the colors are not necessarily traditional baby colors and that the adhesive die cuts are not all geared towards babies makes it possible to use this kit for other occasions as well.

Each Stampin' Up! Simply Scrappin kit kit includes 2 sheets each of 3 different designs of adhesive die cuts, which was also for this project, because it allowed me to create identical little data pages for each twin. Note also that on the front cover, where the adhesive die cut that is used for the center of the flower normally says girl, I actually changed it to say girls. This was my friend Jojo's brilliant idea -- she suggested that I simply use the Signo white gel pen to write in the letter "s" at the end of the world girl. I did that, but the "s" seemed a little disjointed, so I solved that problem by outlining all the other letters in the white gel pen as well. Now you can't even tell that the word "girls" wasn't there from the beginning.

So did you notice anything else about tonight's project post? How about the photos? Yup --I have a new camera! Yay! This means that tomorrow I will be able to finally start sending e-mails to the GiftRAK whiners and also that I will no longer have to upload "flat" images to the blog. It also means that I am assured of being able to take lots and lots of photos at Convention, which I will be able to share with you upon my return. I can hardly wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can I find directions for this totally awesome project! I'm sure she will love it!
Ilene B.

ktstamps said...

Diane, I am in awe of you! I love this book! Whenever I come to your website, I am never disappointed. I love your art, designs, cards, blah,blah, blah! You inspire me! Please let me know if you ever give out the template/directions to this project. This is so wonderful. Keep up the great work! kt
www.ktstamps.blogspot.com
ktstamps@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

How sweet!