Sunday, February 1, 2009

Oh So shimmery!

As some of you might have noticed, I've been away for a few days. Somehow over the past several months life has sped up even more than usual, and it's becoming harder and harder to fit everything in. Last week, unfortunately, stamping had to take a back seat. This week should be better, as I've actually had some time to stamp today and have several projects lined up for you.

Tonight's card reflects my re-discovered love for glitter! My first order from the new catalog arrived, giving me a chance to play with our two new fine glitter assortments: Fine Galaxy and Fine Supernova (these can be found on page 180 of the 2009 Spring/Summer Idea Book and Catalog for $13.95 each). The colors in the new glitter assortments are fabulous and coordinate great with the Fine Cosmo glitter assortment!

For this card I stamped the balloons from Bitty Birthday set in basic black ink on whisper white card stock and added strings to the balloons with my basic black stampin' write marker. I used 2 way glue to "paint" the balloons, one color at a time. Each time I "painted" a portion of the balloons, I covered it with the fine glitter and shook off the excess before moving to the next color. I used the aqua glitter from the Fine Supernova assortment for the stripes on the center balloon. I then filled in the rest of the center balloon with the celery glitter from the Fine Cosmo assortment. Next I used the orange glitter from the Fine Supernova assortment for the balloon on the right and the red glitter from the Fine Galaxy assortment for the balloon on the left. I know it's impossible to see in the picture. But I love how all the glitter makes this card shimmer in real life!

I added a tempting turquoise and only orange mats to the balloon image, decorating the only orange layer with some white 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. I added a triangular piece of real red card stock to the yo yo yellow card base and adhered the matted image to the card front with stamping dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment from the Bitty Birthday set on whisper white card stock in basic black ink and punched it out with the word window punch. I added a mat in only orange punched with the large oval punch and decorated the sentiment with tempting turquoise brads from the bold brights brads assortment. I adhered the sentiment to the card front with some more stamping dimensionals to finish off the card.

As an aside, the Bitty Birthday set I used on this card, featured on page 39 of the 2009 Spring/Summer Idea Book and Catalog, is one of my favorite sets in the catalog. At only $12.95 for three great images plus a sentiment, it's one of the best values around! You'll see a couple more cards in the upcoming week featuring this set!

No comments: