Wednesday, January 28, 2009

All my forgotten toys

Sometimes I get an urge to take out tools and accessories that I haven't used in a while. Usually the result is something like this card -- a bit overdone.

It started out innocently enough. A summer sun base and a strip of confetti white card stock on which I stamped the balloon and sentiment from the crazy for cupcakes set. I punched the corners of the confetti white card stock with my ticket corner punch. I filled the balloon in with crystal effects, and then covered it with red microbeads. I then added a real red mat on which I also punched the corners. So far, so minimalist.

I took a strip of ballet blue card stock and punched it in the center on the top and bottom with the scalloped edge punch. This created two slots through which I could weave the stamped image. To make the strip more interesting I ran it though a paper crimper and wrapped a striped red grosgrain ribbon around the center of the strip. I attached the strip to the card front, making sure to not adhere the center so that the image woven through the slots could be removed.

The card still didn't look done to me, so I grabbed my color spritzer tool and stampin' write markers in real red, summer sun and ballet blue. I spritzed the card front with real red and ballet blue. I spritzed all three colors onto the confetti white strip. As a final touch I wove the strip through the slots in the ballet blue strip. The recipient of this card will be able to remove it later and use it as a book mark long after the rest of the card was gone.

4 comments:

Debby said...

I really like this card, especially the use of the scallop punch. TFS!

Diane said...

Such a pretty card Diane,love the idea of the punch!

Radical Stamper said...

Great Card Diane! Sadly...I have more retired than current so I am trying not to forget them either!

TFS!

You Demo Sister, Kimberly

peata said...

neat card.