Monday, February 16, 2009

Stitched Exotics Birthday Wishes

For the next few days it's pretty much going to be flowers, flowers and more flowers. I guess I've been in a floral mood lately.

On this card I started by stamping the dotted leaf images from the Stitched Exotics set and the sentiment from Sincere Salutations in versamark ink on bashful blue card stock and then heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I added a strip of the SAB designer series paper. Over the designer series paper I added a strip of whisper white card stock and some faux rick rack I made with the scalloped edge punch.

I stamped the flower from stitched exotics in regal rose ink on whisper white card stock and trimmed it out with my paper snips. I then stamped two solid leaves in certainly celery ink on whisper white card stock, and trimmed them out by hand as well. I attached the leaves to the back of the flower with SNAIL. I punched a flower from whisper white card stock and used the fine tip of my regal rose stampin' write marker to create the faux stitched outline. I attached the punched flower to the larger flower using the color designer brad. I used the designer label punch to create the corners on the bashful blue layer and on the whisper white mat. then I just attached everything to a regal rose base to finish off the card.

No comments: