Saturday, February 14, 2009

Polka Dots Heart's Content

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Hope you all had a fantastic day! I'm happy to say I did -- not only did I get to stamp a bit, but Bill and I also went to see Slumdog Millionaire which, despite the less than appealing title, is a great movie and a great romance.

In honor of Valentine's Day I thought I'd post a heart-themed card. For this card I used the Polka Dot Punches stamp set and the Delicate Dots Designer Series paper, which coordinate together beautifully! Both of these are products that you can't purchase -- but you can earn for free during Sale-A-Bration with any $50 purchase of Stampin' Up products. Woo Hoo! There's nothing better than free stuff -- right? Click here to find out more about the free products you can earn as well as the other special offers available to hostesses and new demonstrators. And don't forget that if you decide to join Stampin' Up! as a new demonstrator now through March 31, you not only get the awesome starter kit for only $169, but you also get a free any price stamp set form the catalog to augment your collection.

But let's get back to the heart card. For this card I stamped the heart image in pretty pink ink on pretty in pink card stock, then punched it out with the new Full Heart punch. I took a 2.25" piece of bashful blue card stock and added a 1 7/8" white square in the center. I stamped the "Heart's Content" sentiment form the Many Happy returns set in Sahara sand ink on the whisper white card stock. I then used my signo white gel pen to create the dotted border on the bashful blue square. I attached the heart to the square using stamping dimensionals. I then added a white library clip to the top of the square and used a mini glue dot to add a knot made out of pretty in pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.

I took a 3.5"piece of the designer paper with the different color hearts and attached it to a 3.75" piece of so saffron card stock. I added a dotted boarded to the so saffron card stock with the signo white gel pen. I attached the so saffron square to a 4x5.25" piece of certainly celery card stock, to which I also added a boarder of white dots. (This probably will only mean something to those of you who frequent SCS, but I really feel I was channeling Markie's Mom tonight with all the dotted boarders.)

I attached the certainly celery card stock to a Sahara Sand card base, then finished the card by attaching the bashful blue decorated square to the card front using stampin' dimensionals.

And there you have it. Strictly speaking not a Valentine's Day card, but a good fit for today's theme nevertheless!

No comments: