Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Thoughts and Prayers


Here's what I hope is a masculine sympathy card using the new Thoughts and Prayers set (featured on page 58 of the 2009 Spring/Summer Idea Book and Catalog for $25.95). I took the color inspiration from the To The Nines Specialty Paper assortment ($11.95 on page 158 of the idea book and catalog).
I started with a kraft card base. I cut a mat from the specialty textured designer card stock assortment and decorated it with three 5/16" brads from the new Neutrals Jumbo Brads assortment ($7.95 on page $174 of the idea book and catalog,) before attaching it to the card base.
I stamped the tree image form the Thoughts and Prayers set on very vanilla card stock with chocolate chip ink. I sponged the edges and center of the very vanilla card stock with always artichoke ink and added a chocolate chip mat. Then I stamped the sentiment form the Close as a Memory set (also on page 58 of the idea book and catalog) in chocolate chip ink on very vanilla card stock and added mats of always artichoke and kraft. Finally I adhered the image and sentiment to the card base to finish off the card.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

lovely! can't wait until I get mine today!

Crafty Connie said...

Very elegant card.